2021 Covid 19 Rules
2021 April 9th Covid 19 Health & Safety Notice for CACBowls Green
As you are by now hopefully aware, the club will be open from Friday 9th April 2021. Whilst we could never envisage yet another year of playing restrictions, for the time being this season, Covid-19 restrictions are still in force. However, with the current vaccination programme and cases falling we hope that the measures below will not be in force for the whole season.
Cardiff Athletic Bowls club
Please read carefully before attending the club!!
Following the First Ministers’ announcement recently regarding Covid relaxations, we are glad to announce that the club will be open with effect from Friday 9th April 2021.
With this in mind the club have yet again had to formulate guidelines which will allow members to visit the green for playing as safely as possible.
As you can hopefully understand, PG1 & PG2 leagues are currently suspended pending further relaxations that will hopefully be forthcoming from the Wales government in the coming months.
Your Club Committee has discussed the steps required to allow a safe return in line with the guidelines. Although restrictive, we are sure that members will be patient and will keep to the rules laid down.
Any decision to play bowls even with the restrictions outlined must be taken at your own risk.
Please read the following information carefully.
1. Arrangements for play
- Only a maximum of 4 persons allowed on each rink (for doubles play) at any one time (this may change at a later date). Of course, singles and individual practice will also be allowed.
- Members should enter the club premises via Gwyn Nicolls gates as usual (but see parking arrangements below!)
- There will be an on-site booking in system for rink allocation (details below). Members will be required to enter their names on the record sheets on arrival. These sheets will be situated on the pavilion notice board.
- Members should only play at the session times listed below. This will ensure that there will be 30-minute intervals between bookings to allow members to both leave and enter the green safely thereby negating the need to make unnecessary contact.
- Bowling sessions available for booking Monday - Sunday are:
10.00 – 11.30
12.00 – 13.30
14.00 – 15.30
16.00 – 17.30
18.00 – 19.30
- Players should play on alternate rinks which will allow for social distancing (i.e., 3 rinks available per session).
- For the time being, changing rooms and Pavilion will remain closed except for maintenance or daily inspection. If members have left bowls or other required equipment like shoes and bowl lifters in their lockers, they should endeavour to access their lockers this week. If not, they will be allowed to access the lockers on a first visit. Equipment should then be taken away with you and brought each time you wish to play.
- For the time being, no visitors/spectators are to be admitted to the club.
2. Attendance Recording
· As mentioned above, it is absolutely imperative that members attending the club should attend at the correct times and sign in on each occasion. We have relaxed the need to pre book on the basis that we do not anticipate vast numbers attending on each session. This relaxation can only be maintained as long as members abide by the need to sign in on arrival.
· Records of attendance have to be kept in case needed for contact tracing and a telephone number is required as an emergency contact.
Note: Monday & Thursday sessions limited from 12:00 onwards due to green cutting & maintenance.
Players should not arrive more than 15 minutes before play and should leave within 15 minutes of session finishing.
You should may make your own arrangements to play with another member.
3. Playing the game:
The following playing formats are allowed in accordance with Government guidelines:
- One individual playing bowls on his/her own on a single rink
- Two individuals from two different households playing on a single rink
- Members of the same household playing on a single rink
- Two pairs from two separate households (e.g., husband/wife) playing against each other
- Social distancing rules must be strictly adhered to; you must remain at least two metres apart from other bowlers (who are not part of your household) at all times.
- No marking touchers.
- Members should bring their own hand sanitiser and may wish to bring their own disinfectant
- Do not shake hands before, during or after a game
- Only one player should handle the mat during the session
- Two jacks (one at each end) should be used and this should be set by one player only throughout the session, or use feet to move the jack
- Do not touch your opponent’s bowls with your hands
- Avoid measuring for shot/s
- Clubhouse and Facilities:
Until further notice, the Pavilion and changing room will be closed to members other than limited essential access (supervisor, first aid or maintenance).
- Disinfectant, hand sanitizer and roll of paper will be available for cleaning equipment before and after playing. They will be retained on the bench outside the away changing room (as last year).
- All used paper / rubbish / other disposables must be taken away afterwards and must not be left on site. A plastic bag should be brought along with you for this purpose.
- Toilet facilities:
Only use the toilet in the away changing room area and sanitise after use. A roll of paper and disinfectant spray will be made available for this purpose. Paper used in sanitising activities must be taken off site for disposal.
To minimise the risk of infection, only essential items (as below) should be utilised during any session:
- Bowling arm/lifter (for use by one person only if required)
- Rink markers
To minimise the risk of infection, any other equipment is not deemed essential equipment at this time and should not be utilised. This includes: Scoreboards, bowls pushers, ditch markers, 2m distance sticks, chalk
Please note that the inner gates to the club are currently closed at 17:00hrs.
Therefore, those attending the club before 5pm and leaving after 5pm or accessing after 5pm should park inside the Gwyn Nicholls gates and access the club via the blue door which is situated in the hotel car park. The padlock to this door will have the same combination as that on the main gate.
Players – Summary of Recommended Actions
Committee recommends that all players follow the guidance below:
- Do not go to the club if you are experiencing any coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms or any cold or flu-like symptoms, in particular a cough or a high temperature. For your own protection, follow the advice about self-isolation if you are, or are living with, someone in one of the vulnerable groups
- Dress appropriately before you get to the club to avoid the need to change clothes – change shoes immediately before and after your game.
- Travel to the green on your own or with members of your own household only – do not offer a lift to, or accept a lift from, anyone outside your household.
- Clean anything you have touched after use
- Take any food or drink you might need with you
- Wash or sanitise your hands and disinfect any equipment (including bowls, jacks and mats) you use before and after you play – do not assume that the person before you has sanitised the equipment thoroughly
- Sanitise padlocks, keys and door handles before and after use.
When you leave:
- When you finish playing, change your shoes and leave the club premises immediately – ensuring that you have sanitised all equipment used.
In summary, we accept that abiding by these rules for yet another year is frustrating.
However, we are optimistic that they will be relaxed as the season progresses and covid restrictions are gradually lifted. As last year, we will be holding in house competitions and friendly matches. We will also resurrect the club championship matches (singles, doubles, 7 up, handicap etc). You will be notified of the arrangements in due course.
(on behalf of CABC Committee)